Friday, December 25, 2009

the best way to get over politics is to just work...

thats the last piece of advice my team lead gave me...and for someone i didn't like to start off with, i now find most of what he says very meaningful.
i don't really look up to people, the question which is usually asked to people, 'who is your idol?' mostly leaves me baffled. i always sheepishly answer, my dad, which is true but i also know how cliche'd it sounds...

i don't really look up to people because most of the people i have met have some qualities, but the life they have lived is not really extra ordinary. they are not extra ordinary people, just normal people with some extra ordinary qualities. they don't inspire me....they are not wholistic enough for me.
come to think of it the only person except for dad who has inspired me is Chacko sir, my physics prof in 11-12th, but then again, i didn't really see too much of him to justify it.

but i have seen a lot of kumsha (that's his login), and i am inspired. i didn't like him to start with, mistakenly took him to be a dilliwala, which he was, but then over the last three years, he has changed a lot.

kumsha was always a mystery to me, i have not met anyone who follows his dreams, who is an idealist but knows that the practical political world devours the idealist, who has compromised somethings to retain what was the most important to him, to retain his idealism. ofcourse on this journey, this struggle to be what he is, he has been humbled, but that humility has only made him more clear and more sure of his ideals.

in a long discussion (more like mentoring session) once, he told me that i need to change to be more acceptable, i need to become more diplomatic and political and all that. but then at the end, the one thing he told me which actually inspired me to take on the world was 'don't change so much that you are not what you are'...meaning give in 20% if it helps you retain the rest 80%, but if someone asks you to change that 80%, just don't. and i really loved what he said.

intelligent, strategist, visionary, a good executioner when need be, a mentor and a friend, and a pretty good philosopher ...kumsha is all that and more. he is driven by his dreams, add to that a very fun loving guy...
he also has a great personal life, which is kinda opposite to what chika once said 'either have a successful marriage, or a successful career, both don't come together', i was surprised to know he married his school time sweet heart...was so curious about it and asked so many questions about it, that his wife ultimately commented, 'he IS the inquisitive one'...

Sharad, this is for you, its good to know that people who have followed the path i have chosen don't always end up big time losers!!!
i will miss having you around to save my ass...and to give me the much required pep talks. for me you are my first and best team lead...
best of luck...and take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment