Sunday, October 16, 2011

My dots...connected now!!!

the post is about me...So stop reading right here if not interested. Don't complaint later that you were not warned...



 The thought was there for long time ago, not sure if it originally came after watching the video above.
Anyways heres how I ended up doing what I do today...
  • Left handed, write with bent wrist, american style, only in cursive, only with a fountain pen, beautiful handwriting though... 
  • 10th board, english tution teacher warns gujju board teachers won't be able to read what i write, will fail...
  • Mom and teacher conspire to make me right handed, end up straighting my writing arm a bit and screwing up my handwriting a lot...Fluent Cursive handwriting changes too painful illegible symbols...
  • Start hating writing with hand, learn typing, get new comp, love it...
  • Go to college, forbidden to submit typed assignements, fear of cheating, I rebel, only give typed reports...almost flunk, but continue to do so...
  • Learn MS Word, and learn CorelDraw and computers in general before any of my batch...
  • 4th year, have to solve 3rd n 4th degree structural design equations by trial and error, prefer to do it in drag and drop Excel...
  • Make structural design program in 4th year, proffs dont like it, say i cheated, almost flunk me...
  • 5th year, see program on discovery, early version of 3D printing using GA...have it in back of my head...
  • Last hour before thesis proposal deadline, guide rejects my idea, tried and tested he say, rejects the proposal and declines to be my guide...
  • Go to lib, search for GA, with vague understanding come up with just the title of the thesis, ask a new first timer prof to by my guide, submit proposal, get accepted into the programme.
  • Write a 10,000 line program, with out any knowledge of coding, end up with a super awesome, but not appreciated or even understood software...
  • Hear about 'systems' during thesis, apply for MBA in systems, bad interview, but sell my thesis, get accepted.
  • 2 year MBA, learn nothing, placements, Goldman on campus, technical profile...not interested, but don't get through dream BA at deloitte interviews so reluctantly sit...
  • Clear test n Group games, first question in first interview..rate ur self on these never heard of technologies... Almost given up, Mathew asks about thesis...sell it!!!
  • And a kid with bad handwriting ends up in Technology...!

Moral, you never know what leads to what...as Jobs says, connecting the dots is easy in the past...just keep doing what your heart tells you too...what i add is never run away from an experience, it will come in use someday, if it doesnt you atleast had an experience and lived a bit more! 

take care.

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment